Frequently Asked Questions
– Please arrive 10 minutes early to fill out forms and get introduced to our facility.
– Please arrive with a makeup-free, freshly washed face. We will also cleanse your face if washing before your appointment is not possible.
– If you would like to apply makeup after your appointment, be sure to bring it with you.
– Using a highly advanced camera, we will take your photo from 3 different angles
– These photos will be then digitally analyzed, which will provide our medical aesthetic experts the necessary information we need to assess your skin correctly. This allows us to provide you with your skin care plan/skin prescription.
– The skin care plan/skin prescription is your unique combination of treatments and skin care that we recommend for you for the year, broken down into months in order of treatments, with ongoing skin care support at home. Think of it as a personalized skin care blueprint, with step-by-step instructions for repairing damaged skin, managing skin problems, and maintaining healthy, glowing, youthful skin.
– We will explain every recommended treatment, how it works, what you can expect, how often, along with any other questions you might have.
– You will receive a folder with all the information from your consultation to take home, along with a copy of your skin care plan/skin prescription/skin blueprint.
We will call to confirm your appointment 24 hours before, during which we will go over what you should do to prepare for your consultation.
The number of treatments you’ll need depends first and foremost on the quality of your skin. Each treatment has its basic guidelines as to when you can expect to see results. With Botox/Dysport injections, you may see some improvements in as little as 4-5 days and the full effect within two weeks. With fillers, you will see the results almost immediately, but they will continue to improve over the next few weeks, depending on where and how they were injected.
Lasers, BBL, peels, microneedling, Oxygeneo, and facials all require multiple treatments to see the full effects. This could be anywhere between three and six treatments, depending on the condition of the person’s skin, lifestyle, health, and age. There will be a visible difference with every treatment, with long-term improvements becoming more noticeable throughout your treatment plan.
– The best treatment for you will depend on many factors: skin condition, age, lifestyle, health, environment, etc.
– No matter what your skin condition, a simple, basic skin routine should include both a morning and an evening routine:
Morning: cleanse, tone (if cleanser doesn’t balance your skin’s pH level and your skin is too dry after cleansing) moisturize, SPF.
Evening: cleanse, tone (if cleanser doesn’t balance your skin’s pH level and your skin is too dry after cleansing) serum, moisturize.
– Your evening routine is essential! It is necessary for your skin health that you do not skip it!
– You can use many products from different skin care lines in combination, just as long as they are useful and complementary
– Review your skin care every 6-12 months. As we age, so does our skin. It changes as we grow older, and it changes with the seasons. What you used to wash or moisturize your face in the summer twenty years ago, or even five years ago, is no longer as effective as it once was. It could be damaging or irritating your skin.
– Very red cheeks and noses are often caused by a condition called rosacea.
– Many factors contribute to this skin condition. It can include eating spicy foods, drinking alcohol, broken capillaries (tiny red veins), or exposure to too much sun/wind (sunburn/windburn). Your genetics also play a role in the condition.
– Rosacea usually gets worse as we age. Neglecting to care for our skin and our diet can also make it worse.
– We would recommend starting with medical-grade skin care, specially curated for your skin type, lifestyle, and budget.
– After one month of being on the prescribed skin care plan, we will reassess your skin, then move forward with more advanced treatments, such as peels, microneedling, and BBL.
– All of our treatments are either non-invasive or minimally invasive, meaning we either do not penetrate your skin or superficially penetrate your skin. Our minimally invasive treatments include microneedling, fillers, and Botox/Dysport injections.
– BBL may feel like a slight snap to the skin, but the treatment’s crystal is cooled to make it more comfortable.
– Peels, facials, and Oxygeneo all may have a tingling and/or warming sensation
– NEVER get a treatment, unless it is an ultra-mild or oxygenating treatment, within 24hrs of the event.
– Injections should be done one month before an event, in case of asymmetry= or required touch-ups
– Laser, BBL, and microneedling should start six months to one year before the event. These are usually treatments done in a series (3-6 treatments every 1-4 weeks). While these are a more aggressive approach with results that take longer to appear, they are beneficial.
Do you have a questions we haven’t answered here?
Please reach out to us and let us know!